Monday, October 13, 2008

Things They Should Invent: election night drinking game

Seriously. We need a drinking game for watching the returns tomorrow, but I got nothing.

If you're into placing bets, it would also be fun to place bets on what time the TV people are going to call the outcome of the election.

Edit: I prefer a more complex drinking game, where you drink based on random and unpredictable occurrences, or as punishment/reward. But failing that, here's a quick and dirty version:

Every time you find yourself yelling at the TV, take a drink.

Edit: I made one. Here it is.

7 comments:

jpg said...

I'm hosting an election party on Tuesday in Toronto. The game is, drink when you're disappointed.

What it lacks in nuance it compensates for in quick inebriation.

impudent strumpet said...

Ooh, good idea! Can I start now?

M@ said...

Every time you find yourself yelling at the TV, take a drink.

Problem with this is that it could create a bit of a feedback loop. Yell, drink, yell louder, drink more... well if I stay away from CTV I'll probably be all right.

Anonymous said...

Every time a newscaster announces someone is "leading" in a riding where less than 10% of the polls have reported, and the "leader" is ahead by less than 5 votes - drink to the dumbing down of television combined with sad statistics.

impudent strumpet said...

LOL, that's true, I remember one previous election they announced that the Marxist-Leninist Party was leading Mississauga-Cooksville - after like one poll had returned.

Another idea: drink every time someone on TV states the obvious.

laura k said...

Now I get why you were so wasted on the game thread that night. That's what I get for falling behind on your blog.

impudent strumpet said...

Oh I always drink during elections like other people drink during major sporting events. In uni we'd all gather in the common room and order pizza and bring in as many two fours as the boys could carry, and I've kept up the tradition.

I guess it would look funny if you didn't know that. It didn't occur to me that it wasn't self-explanatory.