Saturday, May 31, 2008

The other problem with that polygamist cult

I have a few hairstyles in my repertoire that lift my long hair up off my neck while still giving the illusion of volume. These are good for hot, humid weather when my hair goes perfectly flat against my head and neck at the slightest provocation.

But now, anything I do with my hair that is up and pouffy makes me look like a polygamist! Even with my standard french twist ponytail (which always looks good on me and always gets compliments when I return to it after having done something else) makes me look like a polygamist if I do anything to give it the slightest bit of volume.

And if I don't give it volume, I look like someone from the movie Trekkies. I know, I am a trekkie, but I don't think it's strictly necessary for my hairstyle to reflect that.

1 comment:

laura k said...

But now, anything I do with my hair that is up and pouffy makes me look like a polygamist!

That's hilarious.

Don't worry. I don't think this would be a commonly held thought.