Sunday, May 25, 2008

Don't ever ever ever listen to He Stopped Loving Her Today by George Jones

This is the saddest song ever. Seriously. Don't listen to it. Ever. My iTunes gave it to me just as I was about to go to bed, and it had me weeping into such a funk that that a shot of vodka and never-before-seen Eddie Izzard bootlegs and Cake the band and cake the food couldn't even get me back to neutral.

There is no good reason for a song this sad to be allowed to roam freely thoughout society. It should be carefully restricted as a dangerous weapon.

4 comments:

laura k said...

I understand.

There's an episode of Futurama that has such a heartbreaking ending, I still cry when I think of it. Allan and I talk about it and both end up weeping.

It ought to have a warning label.

impudent strumpet said...

Which episode?

laura k said...

This one.

At the end you learn the dog never stopped waiting for Frye. For 20 years.

Oh god, I'm reading about it on Wiki and starting to cry again.

impudent strumpet said...

Oh shit, I forgot about that one. I first saw it at a really inopportune time in university, and it completely kicked my ass