Wednesday, January 19, 2005

My eyes hurt

My eyes have been bugging me all day, and now they don't want to stay open. I'm not tired, but my eyes want to rest. In fact, I'm typing this with my eyes closed.

But before I go to bed, I have to:

- Do the dishes
- Take out the garbage
- Brush my hair
- Finish reading today's paper
- Refill my phone
- Drink some milk
- Do some reading.

Plus I haven't done any household chores either yesterday or today, so technically I should be mopping the floor and taking out the recycling, but that isn't gonna happen today.

My eyelids have been so dry lately. I've amassed an impressive collection of eye moisturizers - even more so considering that I don't use moisturizer on other parts of my body except around my eyes! I think I've finally come up with a moisturizing combination that words - I'll take a couple more days to confirm that it does work, then I'll blog about it.

I just sneezed. I sneeze loudly. I take after my father - he sneezes in the basement and you can hear him on the second floor. I'm the only woman I know who sneezes loudly. I'm not too proud of that distinction, but I have no idea how to sneeze quietly.

2 comments:

g. mango said...

take heart, there are more female loud-sneezers out there than you think. when my mom sneezes in the basement, you can hear it down the street.

when i sneeze in the basement you can here it in moscow.

we are both entirely incapable of sneezing those daintly, little sneezes that befit women of our class and character.

maybe we should start a support group or something.

impudent strumpet said...

The girl who sits next to me in class has the quietest sneeze ever. She sneezed, and I didn't even notice because I wasn't looking at her at that moment. Meanwhile, I sneeze, and the prof interrupts the lesson to teach us what you say in Polish when someone sneezes.