Tuesday, January 18, 2005

My building is making strange sounds

I was awakened at about 1:30 am by a loud popping sound that sounded like it was coming from the floor below my bed. The springs of my mattess vibrated. I don't know what was making those sounds, but I've been hearing more of them, from different parts of the building. The ones closes to me sound like they're coming from inside floors or walls. It reminds me of that sound those metal-painted-like-faux-wood sliding closet doors make when they settle. It also reminds me of a person's joints cracking. I have no idea what it is. I guess it can't be an emergency since it's been about 20 minutes and no one has made any emergency announcements or anything, it's just weird and kind of scary. I guess I'll try to go back to sleep.

ETA: I'm going to turn off my computer for the rest of the night just to be safe. If I'm not online before ~8pm tomorrow (i.e. Tuesday night) don't worry, it doesn't necessarily mean that the popping monsters have gotten me :)

No comments: