Monday, January 03, 2005

Last night I dreamed that I had a summer job working at a grocery store that
kept being attacked by terrorists. Whenever the store was attacked by
terrorists, I had to sneak out the loading dock and run to the grocery store
next door, which contained a police station. After this happened a few
times, it occurred to me that maybe it isn't worth being attacked by
terrorists every day for the mere pittance one makes working at a grocery
store. After all, I still had a full-time job earning a professional salary
(i.e. my real-life job), and I really didn't need the extra money. But
whenever I brought up the possibility of quitting my grocery-store job,
people would accuse me of being a spoiled lazy ungrateful brat for thinking
that I'm somehow entitled to be excused from the requirement to have a
summer job.

No comments: