Tuesday, January 18, 2005

If you don't understand what I'm talknig about here, you don't need to know.

As I mentioned once or twice before, I was hesitant to use the washroom in the building where my class is held because the building is very old and the washroom is in the basement. Today I ended up having to use that washroom, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected. Based on the state of that washroom and based on some further pondering, I have come to the conclusion that my alma mater had an inordinate number of you-know-whats.

I don't want to jinx myself here, but in the almost two years since I moved out of res and into my own apartment, I've had fewer panic attacks than I usually had in a semester at Alma Mater. At Alma Mater, I was almost always in a state of generalized anxiety, but since I moved out I've spent more time with zero anxiety than experiencing clinical anxiety. And this is taking into account everything - panic attacks brought on by nightmares, anxiety brought on my things other than you-know-whats, anxiety brought on by the other problem I was experiencing a while back.

I am slightly curious about the reason for the difference, and whether it means that there was a higher than usual frequency of you-know-whats at Alma Mater, or whether I'm experiencing a lower than usual frequency in this phase of my life. Either way, I'm glad. It is nice not to have to go to the bathroom with cringing trepidation all the time.

No comments: