Wednesday, July 30, 2003

The only sign I saw that one of the biggest concerts in history is currently going down was these four scruffy guys on the subway this morning. Although they seemed to have perfect sight, hearing, and command of English, at every stop they would go "Is this Sheppard? How far to Sheppard?" At least they had the decency to entertain us in between by spontaneously breaking out into early Beatles hits in perfect four-part harmony.

I'm not going to the concert. Half a million people is too many. Instead I'm going to relax at home and play with food. I've decided, just for variety, that today I will eat nothing that could be considered a main course, but everything I eat must be wholesome. So I'm having triscuits dripping in melted Gouda, steamed veggies with lemon dill sauce, Italian bread, salad, nectarines, and whatever else I decide to buy.

No comments: