Tuesday, July 22, 2003

I was so grumpy this morning, because I felt a bit sick and my bank had put us through shit yesterday. I was all set to write a nice blog entry about how terribly grumpy I felt, but then my mood lifted. I've been trying to think about why my mood lifted, and I think it's because my last project of the day was a copy-paste text. It wasn't all copy-paste, but it cited a lot of laws, so those could be copy-pasted from legislation. Copy-pasting cheers me up for some reason. It makes me happy to see final copy materialize with minimal effort on my part, and I can let my mind wander while I do it. I think I would be a lot more efficient if I always had two projects on the go: one normal, and one copy-paste. Then when I'm in a bad mood I can systematically copy-paste, and when that gets boring or my mood gets more productive I can do some normal work.

I overheard some people talking about their jobs on the subway, and their jobs sounded like Generic Office. Like comic strip characters who "work in an office" but we don't know what their exact jobs are. I didn't think any real world jobs could be described that way, but either there are jobs that can be described that way, or I stumbled upon two performance artists

No comments: