Tuesday, July 15, 2003

I need snacks to eat in the office. I have some terrible low-energy times and I'd like some munchies to get me through them, but I can't think of what would be suitable. It would have to be something that doesn't go bad and wouldn't mess up my hands. Ideally it should be something I could buy ahead of time and keep there instead of having to prepare it or acquire it when the urge strikes.

If I were in my own home when these low-energy times hit, I would likely eat some fruit, some cheese, perhaps an egg, a pastry of some sort, a peanut butter sandwich, or, if I was really grumpy, I'd cook up some pasta. Obviously none of this is suitable to the office.

If I think back to what I'd do in res, I'd have a pastry, some chips or peanuts, instant noodles perhaps. Instant noodles is possible, but it still requires some preparation, and eating it is more involved than reaching into a bag of something, grabbing one something, and popping it in my mouth. Popcorn is tempting, but unless I can find absolutely plain popcorn it soils my fingers.

I think what I'll do is put a can of Coke in my fridge right now to cool off, bring it to work with me, and drink it when I hit low energy. That may be helpful.

No comments: