Sunday, July 27, 2003

I was treated like a teenager by a store today. I hate it when that happens. It ruined my day.

Why the fuck would a store allow an exchange but not store credit? Is store credit not just a slightly belated exchange? Exchange is when I give them one item and they give me another item. Store credit is when I give them one item, they give me a piece of paper, then another day I give them the piece of paper, and they give me another item.

It's so fucked up. They had a 2 for the price of 1 deal. I tried on many items, and bought two items for that were marked at $40 each. When I got home, I realized that I had accidently purchased a size medium in one of the items instead of a large, doubtless a mix-up from all my trying on. I took it back, but there were no larges left. And when I asked for store credit, they acted like I was trying to get them to give me a free item to which I'm not entitled. But they were the ones who were handing out free items in the first place! According to their signage and pricing system, I was entitled to 2 items of a value of $40 each. So why act like I'm trying to rip them off when I ask for store credit for a value of $40, but there would be no problem with exchaning it on the spot? I felt like throwing the shirt at them and saying "Here, take this, you obviously need this more than me."

No comments: