Thursday, July 10, 2003

I'm in a weekendy mood even though it's Thursday. I had a good day at work, it's cool and rainy and my windows are open letting the nice fresh air in, and I have all kinds of food and reading material. Aaah.

And now for some Annoying Randomness:

- Email is my pensieve. Whenever I think of something at work that I need to remember at home and vice versa, I email it to my other address. If work is monitoring my email, they get a nice insight into the minutiae of my life.
- I saw a firetruck with a giant sign on it that said Toronto Fire Department. I mean a giant sign. Picture a billboard hanging from the ladder. Why do they need such a big sign? We can see it's a firetruck, so we assume it belongs to the fire department!
- There's a guy at Eg. station who panhandles by asking in a whiny voice "Do you have a loonie?" Inspired by a previous brilliant idea de mi cielito, I propose that everyone say to him "Sorry, I only have a toonie. Do you have change?"
- I'm entering the subway station. I show the booth guy my metropass. Right after he nods me through, a TTC cop stops me and asks to see my pass. I show him my pass, he inspects it, everything is in order, and he wishes me a nice day? WTF? Why pick on someone when you just saw the booth guy approve their pass?
- And speaking of TTC, I got this thing telling me how to get my metropass in event of a "postal interruption". Is there an impending Canada Post strike that I don't know about?
- The most important hyphen I've personally encountered is the one that differentiates the word "resign" from the word "re-sign". In some contexts, these words are complete opposites.

No comments: