Thursday, July 31, 2003

I hope someone out there with better legal knowledge than I have is paying very close attention to this. I think it is getting very very close to hate speech if it hasn't crossed that line already, and someone should be ready to pounce when it does. I also hope someone with excellent legal knowledge is pondering ways to remove Canada's obligation to provide Catholic education under the BNA, because if one of these things isn't overthrown soon Canada is going to be in a very sticky constitutional position - we're going to be legally obligated to provide public education in a religion that has been deemed hate speech and, depending on how far they go, is subject to censorship.

Speaking of going to hell, I understand the example shown here with no difficulty whatsoever, if I encountered it while reading a newspaper I think I wouldn't even give it a second glance, and I think I know which committee produced it.

No comments: