Saturday, February 05, 2005

Why I love my neighbourhood and other stories

Today I dropped off a prescription at the drugstore, went to the bank, library, post office, LCBO, grocery store, back to the drugstore to pick up my prescription, and back home. I did all this in under an hour, and all on foot. I am so glad I live where I do!

Meanwhile, Leah McLaren seems to have confused collegehumor.com with reality. I'm glad she waited until I in my own apartment (and out of full-time school) to do this - if she'd done it when I was in school full-time and living with my parents or even in res, my parents would have freaked out into a fit of over-protectiveness. It makes me feel sorry for students who have protective parents who read the Globe and Mail. Really, I think the target audience of collegehumor.com is high school students - I've been in post-secondary education since the site was founded, and it has always been quite clear that neither I nor my friends are the target audience.

No comments: