Sunday, February 27, 2005

What would you do if you were Paris Hilton?

The discussion of the moment: Suppose you had all of Paris Hilton's money and connections, but also her potential (through said money and connections) for attracting media attention. You haven't yet done any of the stupid things Paris Hilton has done so far - you're starting with a blank slate - but you have her full "famous for being famous" potential. What would you do with this power?

I would:

- pursue advanced academic studies in areas that interest me, but avoid as much as possible TA work and publishing
- use my money and influence for political ends
- try to avoid media attention as much as possible
- if I could not avoid media attention, I would publicly boycott things for political purposes and take advantage of this unwanted media attention as a platform for my political statements

No comments: