Tuesday, February 15, 2005

My own version of Star Wars: Episode III

It seems my subconscious mind has written its own version of Star Wars: Episode III. Last night I dreamed I was watching it on DVD, and I've previously dreamed I was watching it on DVD, and both times it was the same.

It starts with a dramatic action scene where there are all these flying droids (like the thing Obi-Wan grabbed onto and flew out Padme's bedroom window in the beginning of Ep. II) and each droid was assigned to track down and destroy one Jedi. A lot of Jedi were killed, but the scene culminates with Anakin destroying like six of these droids and saving the Jedi Order.

In this movie Anakin has two younger siblings, a boy and a girl, possibly twins, and they're enrolled in the Jedi Academy. However, the leaders of the Academy have become corrupt (my dream represented this by having them look like a film crew and spend all day showing the students movies instead of teaching them to be Jedi) so Anakin has to perform a daring rescue to free them from the Academy and then he has to put up with two small children tagging along for the rest of the movie.

I don't remember the rest. All I know is that it wasn't at all following the plot points that need to happen in Episode III. I just find it interesting that I've dreamed the movie in the exact same way at least twice.

No comments: