Saturday, February 26, 2005

Rules for phoning me

1. You must say hello as soon as I say hello. Otherwise I'll assume you're a telemarketer and hang up.

2. You must know my first name. Otherwise I'll assume you're a telemarketer and say you have the wrong number.

3. If you ask for Mr. or Mrs. Mylastname, I'll tell you you have the wrong number. Mr. and Mrs. Mylastname are my parents, and they don't live here.

4. If you call right back after I hang up or tell you you have the wrong number, I won't answer the phone. If for some reason you're actually genuinely calling for me and have inadvertently tricked me into thinking you're a telemarketer, leave a message on my voicemail and I'll call you back. If you don't leave a message on my voicemail but instead keep ringing my phone, I'm not going to answer. I might just get annoyed and turn the phone off.

5. If you call my cell or work numbers (which have call display) or leave a hangup on my voicemail, I may or may not call you back. If you want me to call you back, leave a message. If you don't want me to call you back, do your phoning in such a way that you won't leave evidence behind.

6. If I don't recognize and can't find out your phone number and you keep leaving hangups on my voicemail, I reserve the right to blog your phone number.

No comments: