Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Things I've done that you haven't

The meme is to write ten things that I have done that you may not have. I don't know if I actually can, but here goes an attempt:

1. Attended three different universities within a span of five years
2. Had an intricate discussion with co-workers about the precise methods used in torturing prisoners (purely for professional reasons, not out of random speculation)
3. Been legally forbidden from repeating something I heard on the radio
4. Celebrated my great-grandmother's 100th birthday
5. Downloaded a piece of software for the express purpose of preventing panic attacks
6. Become fluent in and then completely forgotten a language
7. Written a computer program (based on a model from a book, not off the top of my head) at the age of five
8. Tilted my head back and sat on the ends of my hair
9. Encircled my right wrist with the thumb and middle finger of my left hand, then pulled my entire right hand through that circle without breaking contact between left thumb and middle finger
10. Stayed in a hotel for two weeks entirely at my employer's expense

4 comments:

s said...

Okay, I have to ask: what was the un-panicky software?

Trey Desolay said...

I have done 1, 7, and 10, but I'm not so sure I should count 10 since I was part-owner of the company. The language thing, though: wow.

impudent strumpet said...

The software is WebWasher, which is intended to block ads, but I promptly configured it to also block any images containing "spider", "shelob", "aragog", "tarantula" etc.

Anonymous said...

Did you ever find out who that phone number belongs to? It has been on my caller ID twice in the last month. I try to call it back and all I get is a busy signal. I did a google search and your web site was the only one that popped up. weird

carri