Friday, February 25, 2005

Concha y Toro Trio Merlot Carmenere Cabernet Sauvignon

This wine is interesting because it is a blend of three varieties. I can't tell you a whole lot about how effective the blending was because I don't know anything about carmenere, but the blending cancels out the unpleasant tanin of the cabernet sauvignon, and the overall effect was a smooth, velvety wine that is very adaptable. It has complemented everything I've eaten with it, and I think it would stand up well to mulling or mixing or being made into sangria. Although there are cheaper wines on the market, so if you're going to mix your wine with all other stuff anyway, you may as well get something cheaper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had this wine recently while visiting Costa Rica. I absolutely LOVED this wine and am having problems finding it here in the US. Does anyone know where I can buy the Concha y Toro Trio Merlot Carmenere Cabernet Sauvigonon?