Saturday, February 05, 2005

Strange dream

I had a dream where an anti-same-sex marriage lobby group (now on earth do I hyphenate that? Perhaps I should just say a group lobbying against same sex marriage) bought all the public washrooms in the city where I grew up. They proceeded to knock down the walls between the men's and women's washrooms, and rearrange the cubicles so there were two toilets in each cubicle. They then put either a men's or women's washroom symbol on each cubicle. So the result was a large unisex bathroom with specific cubicles designated for men or women, and each cubicle containing two toilets. Apparently this was supposed to symbolize everything that was wrong with same-sex marriage. I don't know what my sub-conscious mind was thinking, but my conscious mind can't work out the symbolsm of that.

No comments: