Monday, February 28, 2005

The Smart Set Conspiracy

Last year I bought a pair of pants from Smart Set. They were size 13 and fit perfectly. Then, over the period of a year, I lost 20 lbs. After my weight loss, the size 13 pants were too big, and I found I couldn't really wear them to work because they looked silly.

So last week I went to Smart Set to buy some new pants. I tried on several pairs, and the ones that fit me best were a size 13. They fit perfectly.

No, I did not gain back 20 lbs. The old size 13 pants are still too big, the new ones still fit perfectly. Smart Set made their sizes smaller, thus negating my weight loss! If I didn't have the old pants to compare, I would have assumed that I had gained the weight back!

I hope they don't do this again next year. I can't afford to lose another 20 lbs, and I would hate to be sized out of an entire store!

1 comment:

impudent strumpet said...

GAH! I've been completely sized out of Jacob's pants for like 10 years!