Sunday, August 24, 2008

Why they need to stop renaming Toronto theatres

[the following is an unofficial transcript]

Me: Where's Spamalot playing?
Poodle: The Canon
Me: Is that the one where we saw it last time?
Poodle: I think we saw it at one of the ones on King St.
Me: No, I'm sure it was the one that used to be the Pantages, because I remember I was wondering about the chandelier.
Poodle: I think the Pantages is the Elgin.
Me: No, the Elgin is the Elgin.
Poodle: Okay, then the Pantages must be the Canon, so it's the same one as last time.
Me: They have to stop renaming these fucking theatres! I'm blogging this.

1 comment:

laura k said...

We feel the same way about baseball parks. The one in San Francisco has had a new name every 3 years. Is this a new park? Have I been there? Or is it just a new name?