Saturday, August 09, 2008

I think the funeral went smoothly

Tim McLean's funeral started 2.5 hours ago and no sign of the nutters. But there were hundreds of people (and 10 cop cars) waiting in case they did show up.

Good job Winnipeg, I'm sorry I couldn't be there to help, but I'm thrilled that you pulled it off and scared the nutters off.

The vast majority of the time I'm quite content to be a quiet, unassuming, peaceful little nation, but it feels good to know we can still get a posse together when absolutely necessary.

Edited to add: you might also consider emailing Stockwell Day to thank him for his role in helping keep the nutters out. He could have just as easily not done anything and most people wouldn't have noticed. Day[dot]S[at]parl[dot]gc[dot]ca

1 comment:

laura k said...

I'm so relieved to hear it! Good job, Winnipeg! Good job, Canada.