Sunday, August 24, 2008

Where my priorities are

Long story how I came to be thinking about this, but today I realized: I don't care if someone steals my cellphone. I'd just buy a new and better one, not a huge deal. However, I would care very much if I couldn't get my phone number back (I don't know offhand how permanently attached to the SIM card the phone number is) because it's a 416 number. For a cellphone. I think I'd even decline to switch providers for a better deal if I couldn't take my number with me. I've been here long enough to have a 416 cell number, I want my Toronto cred dammit!

2 comments:

laura k said...

I kept my 212 (NYC cred) number on my alternate VoIP line for just that reason. Also so my mom and others can call me for free.

But this you won't like: I have a 416 home number here, even tho I live in 905. I'm not trying to pretend I live in Toronto. It just makes life easier.

impudent strumpet said...

Hey, I don't care if you have a 416 number. I have all the 416 numbers I need. Now people with 647 numbers - or those businesses with 647 numbers that you sometimes see advertised on the Omni channels - might begrudge you it.