Saturday, August 02, 2008

A clue in the Sitemeter/Internet Explorer problem

I am running WebWasher Classic with IE 7, and I can still access websites with Sitemeter on them. However, I cannot access the Sitemeter site itself. Whatever the problem in the code is, WebWasher blocks it. That's the best I can do at the moment, but the solution is in there somewhere.

So that's why I didn't realize my blog was not accessible through IE - because it was just fine for me. Sorry about that. I'll be removing my Sitemeter code as right after I post this.

If you have a blog or a website and you want people to still be able to read it with IE, remove your sitemeter code. Pass it on.

Update: as of 5 pm, it seems to be working normally now.

1 comment:

Luboš Motl said...

Seven different methods (click!) to get rid of the bug, on both sides, plus the explanation of the precise cause.