Sunday, July 05, 2009

The universe is mocking me

When I woke up this morning, I noticed that my water pressure sucked. I'd originally planned to have my coffee before my shower, but I decided to go straight into the shower so I could get clean before the water completely ran out.

So I have my shower, struggling against the wimpy spray, worrying about whether there's going to be any water for a shower tomorrow because I'm definitely going to need to have my shower tomorrow before the supers are on duty. Then, just as I'm finishing up, full glorious water pressure returns.

If I'd had my coffee first like I was planning, I could have had a full pleasant shower.

7 comments:

magnolia_2000 said...

just wanted to let you know that when i posted something anti-labour on laura's blog in response to you silly rantings she told me to lay off you because you are mentally unbalanced. some friend she is if she is telling strangers this about you.

impudent strumpet said...

No worries, it's public information that I'm mentally unbalanced. I've blogged about it extensively.

laura k said...

Your mental imbalance is one of your best qualities.

laura k said...

But on topic, do you ever take your coffee into the shower with you? That's my favourite. Hot coffee in a full-on hot shower.

impudent strumpet said...

I've been thinking about doing that, but I'd have to get a travel mug first. I don't really have anywhere I could put a regular mug that shower water wouldn't drip into it. Although I'm not sure if I should be taking away a motivation to get out of the shower, because I already spend forever in there. It's hypnotic - I get in planning to shower as quickly as possible, and the next thing I know half an hour has passed, I've solved the previous day's translation problems, composed three blog entries, written some crappy fanfic, and haven't even finished shampooing yet.

laura k said...

"because I already spend forever in there. It's hypnotic"

Totally. I do the same.

For me it's because I need my caffeine immediately, but if I'm trying to get out of the house, I can't delay the shower while I sip coffee.

We have a tub/shower combo, so I put the mug in the far corner, away from the shower.

impudent strumpet said...

Weird, I have a shower/tub too, but I don't have any spaces where the water doesn't reach. (Not that every inch is inundated with spray, but nowhere is completely dry either.