Sunday, July 12, 2009

Things They Should Invent: self-chilling brita

I recently rearranged my fridge so my brita is as effortless to reach as possible. Before it was either a bit tricky to get out of the fridge, or it had to be kept on the counter (depending on what's in the fridge) and I'd pour room-temperature water onto ice cubes. But now it has a permanent, easily-accessible home in the fridge regardless of fridge contents. And because of this, I find I'm drinking more water. Just making cold yummy water that tiny bit easier to get at was the tipping point to notably increased water consumption.

So then I got thinking that maybe I could do the same thing at work. We actually do have a brita in the office fridge, but it's SO far away! (My co-workers are all laughing at me for that statement - I sit closer to the kitchen than any of the people who actually use the brita.)

But I'd totally drink more water if I had a brita on my desk at work! Except then it would be room-temperature, and that's no fun.

Solution: self-chilling brita. It looks vaguely like an electric kettle and plugs into the wall, but instead of heating the water it cools it down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean a water cooler?

impudent strumpet said...

Yes, with the filtering tap water aspect as opposed to constantly having to buy those giant blue jugs of water.