Friday, June 06, 2008

Things They Should Invent: contents insurance that comes with a personal shopper

You can get insurance for your home that will give you enough money to replace any possessions that are lost or damaged in a disaster. But for me, the money's just a minor annoyance. The real annoyance would be doing all the shopping to replace absolutely everything.

They should have insurance where instead of giving you money, they give you a personal shopper who goes out and buys you brand new everything, to your specifications. And the specificness of your specifications can vary. So if you don't care about furniture you can say "Yeah, a kitchen table and four chairs, I don't care what kind." But since you're probably more picky about your own clothes, you can say "I want black pants that are comfortable and fit me well and make me look slimmer than I am and don't look lumpy under long shirts," and then the personal shopper has to do the legwork. You don't get any money from your insurance claims, but you do get your stuff replaced quickly and with minimal effort on your part.

I would totally pay extra for that!

1 comment:

laura k said...

When my first dog destroyed almost everything I owned, I tried to replace everything exactly the same way. It was a mistake. So time consuming and frustrating.

I didn't have insurance, but I would have liked this kind that came with a personal shopper.