Sunday, June 22, 2008

Is Google Ontario-centric?

I just google for the population of Manitoba. I got three relevant results, then I got one of those "helpful" little Google suggestions saying "See the results for "population of Ontario" and three results for Ontario. Then underneath the three Ontario results were more Manitoba results.

Is this happening because I'm in Ontario, or does it do it for everyone?

Help me out here please. If you're outside of Ontario, go to Google and type in population of Manitoba (no quotes or anything) then post in my comments here and let me know whether it suggests population of Ontario, or population of wherever it is you live. Anonymous posts are welcome, although I'd appreciate it if you'd post your province or country, especially if in your results Google replaces "Ontario" with wherever it is you live.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in BC, and mine came up with Ontario suggestions as well.

Fran said...

Entering that query from North Dakota brings the very same results you describe...three Manitoba-related, the suggestion, with three Ontario-related results and then back to Manitoba results.