Friday, June 27, 2008

Cocksucker.

Two years ago, I issued a Pride Day challenge for factual use of "That is SO gay!" (And no less an authority than The Onion has taken it up.)

I didn't issue a challenge last year, so this year I'm issuing two:

1. Negative use of "That is so NOT gay!" First usage that comes to mind is things that are aesthetically displeasing, but feel free to broaden usage as it occurs organically. Same tone of voice as negative adolescent use of "that is so gay". Usage: "Fuzzy dice hanging from the rearview mirror? That is so NOT gay!"

2. Let's start using "queer" as the generic. The LGBTTTIQQ2 (and perhaps some letters I've missed) abbreviation is getting ridiculous, and I think everyone falls within a broad definition of "queer", oui?

Bonus link: a relevant article from America's Finest News Source

No comments: