Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Things I've never done that most people probably have

The meme asked for 10, but I started typing and 25 just came out:

1. Ridden a roller-coaster
2. Had a hangover
3. Been to a wedding
4. Been to a professional sporting event
5. Been hired by a man
6. Made my own travel arrangements when travelling somewhere I've never been before
7. Had surgery
8. Eaten meat with bones in it
9. Left a job, except when mutually agreed upon in advance at the time I was hired
10. Lived with roommates
11. Been hospitalized, except when I was born
12. Successfully asked someone out on a first date
13. Bought furniture
14. Interior decorating, in the broadest sense of the term
15. Bought xmas decorations
16. Had a close friend who was more than an inch taller than me
17. Had short hair, except when I was too young to verbalize a desire to have long hair
18. Had to trim a fingernail because it was getting too long
19. Purchased any single item that cost more than $250
20. Balanced a chequebook
21. Voted for a federal or provincial candidate who won
22. Incorrectly called an election on election day
23. Had a letter to the editor rejected when I did intend the letter for publication
24. Gotten a sunburn
25. Had chickenpox

2 comments:

zydeco fish said...

I can't decide which is the most surprising. There are a few on the list that I haven't done, most notably, number 5 :-)

impudent strumpet said...

You have a dirty mind! It means that every job I've ever had, the personwho interviewed me and was responsible for hiring me and was initially my supervisor has been a woman (although I have had male supervisors who replaced the person who initially hired me). Every time I've been interviewed by a man or a man was responsible for hiring, I didn't get the job.