Monday, April 18, 2005

On the way home from the subway

Seen: a man in an elegant suit and dreads that are longer than my hair inadvertently attempt to put a metropass into an ATM.

Heard: an older lady loudly complaining in Polish about how terribly cold it was. It was close to 20 degrees and gloriously sunny at the time.

Seen: a man who appeared to be in his thirties attempting to chat up a girl who appeared to be about 16, all while standing in the middle of a small sidestreet rather than walking the whole two metres to the nearest sidewalk.

1 comment:

impudent strumpet said...

1. I have no objective sense of what makes a good suit, all I know is that this suit was flattering to the wearer and he looked comfortable, at ease, and pulled together in it. I therefore deem it to be elegant. More stylish people may not agree with this assessment.

2. She didn't have a kerchief and I couldn't smell her because she was outside. She was just a generic grandmother type and didn't look particularly Polish to me, but then I can't really objectively tell if a person is Polish because I've somewhat internalized Polishness as the norm.

3. The guy looked like Frat-Boy Asshole Gets an MBA. It didn't look like any particular business transactions were going on, but then I am underexposed to that particular industry so it's possible that I've misread the situation.