Wednesday, April 27, 2005

For the record

Stephen Harper officially ceased to make any sense whatsoever today. I've never agreed with him on key matters of policy, but generally I could see why he's saying what he's saying given what he believes and his position in the grand scheme of Canadian politics. But today, as near as I can tell, he just started declaring everything Paul Martin says or does as shameful or otherwise bad simply because Paul Martin says or does it, and he's turned the whole thing into a giant pissing match. He's no longer backing up his statements with reasons, he's taking it as a given that he should be calling an election without reiterating why, and I think at this early stage I think he still needs to be stating his reasons. Basically he reminds me more and more of Frank Burns every time he opens his mouth.

1 comment:

zydeco fish said...

The problem is that Stephen Harper is publicly salivating because he is so eager to be PM. Frankly, I don't think he's ever made sense. Oh, the Frank Burns comment made me laugh.