Friday, June 13, 2003

To take a tangent from the current discussion:

1. Do you wear shoes in your own home?
2. Do you prefer visitors to your home to remove their shoes?
3. When you go to someone else's home, do you prefer to wear your shoes?

I don't wear shoes at home, because that's the way I was raised. However, since I now live alone, I might walk a few steps into the apartment wearing shoes since there are no parents around to yell at me for stepping off the front mat.

I prefer people to remove their shoes, unless they are men who aren't wearing socks because man feet are icky. But if they don't remove their shoes, I'll just shut up and vacuum when they leave.

When I'm in someone else's home, I tend to remove my shoes automatically because, again, that's how I was raised. But in the summer, when I like to wear a skirt and sandals, I prefer not to remove my shoes because I hate being barefoot in other people's houses. If it's a situation where I know I will have to remove my shoes in a house in the summer, rather than being able to innocently wander in while still wearing them, I angst about how I can include socks in my outfit, get into the house in my shoes, or avoid the event.

You?

No comments: