Sunday, June 29, 2003

It was a normal looking summer evening, but an ominous blue-grey cloud was looming on the horizon. I saw this cloud, and decided to stay in instead of running to the grocery store. A few moments later it started to rain. As the rain fell, visibility was reduced by about 50%. The wind picked up, and the rain started falling even harder, mixed in with the occasional hail. Now I could only see one block from my 14th storey window. Suddenly a huge violent gust blows straight towards me. I slam the window closed as it throws hundreds of hail stones against my walls and windows. I can't even see the edge of my balcony, and I wonder if I'm in the middle of a tornado or something. Then this blast of hail passes, the rain stops, and the sun comes back out. The only evidence left is the puddles on the ground and the water dripping down the side of the building. The whole thing took less than 15 minutes, and if I had entered the grocery store right before it started I wouldn't even have known what had happened.

I hope no one at Pride got hurt by all the hail!

No comments: