Sunday, June 15, 2003

Damn I'm hungry! I thought i had all kinds of food this morning, but now it feels like I have nothing. I guess I'll have to sacrifice a microdinner (I found them! They did have them at the depanneur, but they were at the bottom of one of those freezers that opens from the top, next to the ice cream). I bought quite a bit of food, but I go through it fast because it's not worth it to buy staple foods. For example, I'm currently craving pickles, but it wouldn't be worth it to buy a whole jar since i'm leaving on Friday.
I'd order a pizza, but I don't feel like waiting.

So it's instant micro food now. Tomorrow I go to the depanneur and buy eggs and a small quantity of bread, perhaps hamburger buns. I think I'll splurge on something like peanut butter even though I'll never use it up, and perhaps on a pizza tomorrow night to eat in front of the Simpsons with some wine. (Wine is more expensive here, and the selection is completely different!)

I found a good lunch place where you can get practically anything, so I'll be taking advantage of my comp and indulging in salad bar + something else for lunch every day. Then Subway for an after-work snack and cook or reheat something for dinner. I'm paying for everything in cash here (I usually debit grocery purchases) so it does hurt a bit to see my wallet empty so quickly, but I have to remind myself that I'm just spending my comp. Hopefully it will hurt less when I get my first paycheque.

No comments: