Sunday, November 16, 2008

Things LJ Should Invent: have locked posts show up in feeds

I don't actually check my LJ friends page that often because it's such a very small part of my overall internet rounds. I've added some people's feeds to my Google Reader, but that doesn't show friends-locked posts so I miss stuff.

To solve this, LJ feeds should show the presence of friends-locked posts. Not the contents, of course. Just show that there is a post there. Then people could click through, log in, and read the post. That would accomodate both the internet's general shift to feed readers and LJ users' need to maintain some privacy.

3 comments:

Sarah Haendler said...

Ding Ding! I was complaining about this just the other day. The only problem comes when you get the notification but are not among the allowed readers. I feel like that might cause problems!

impudent strumpet said...

You can see them in the calendar now though, so the potential for OMG LJ DRAMA is already there.

laura k said...

So people still use LJ!