Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Could Google possibly be listening to me???

A couple of weeks ago, I suggested that Google Blog Search should index blog entry contents only.

Now they do.

Dear Google, if you're listening, thank you and I love you! If you're interested, here is the rest of my wishlist:

1. Don't localize search results to the interface language, or at least give us the option to turn it off. (Example: compare the search results for éléphant in the English and French interfaces of google.ca.) Localizing to interface language makes life difficult for people who work multilingually, especially since you are accent-blind (which we love and adore and appreciate more than you can possibly imagine!)

2. Make iGoogle a separate thing rather than simply an alternate interface.

3. Let me mark messages as read from Gmail Notifier. I can see from the notifier that it's just the email telling me I've made an ebay bid. I don't need to read it, so I'd like to be able to make the notifier stop telling me I have a new email rather than having to go all the way to my inbox to mark the email as read.

Edit Nov. 12 6:30 p.m.: And now it's giving me results from tag clouds again. Dear Google: WTF?

No comments: