Sunday, November 16, 2008

Famous people twittering

It seems John Cleese and Stephen Fry are both actually and legitimately on Twitter. (This is confirmed on their official websites.) What surprises me is that other users, who seem by all appearances to be just regular ordinary people, are sometimes replying to them, and sometimes they reply back! I envy that confidence, to think that of course you're allowed to reply to a famous person just because they're on Twitter!

Of course, if I had the confidence to think I'm allowed to talk to famous people, I'd probably end up like Mel on Flight of the Conchords.

3 comments:

laura k said...

"It seems John Cleese and Stephen Fry are both actually and legitimately on Twitter."

Wow. That's cool. The closest thing I've seen to that is when a famous pitcher showed up at a Red Sox fan forum. He blogs, and he's also commented on Allan's blog. Everyone was pretty awestruck. It was hard not to be.

"Of course, if I had the confidence to think I'm allowed to talk to famous people, I'd probably end up like Mel on Flight of the Conchords."

I'm always afraid of that when I talk to famous people. I'm so busy trying not to faun that I don't know what I'm saying.

impudent strumpet said...

I'm always afraid of that when I talk to famous people.

Heh, you say this like it's a regular everyday occurence.

laura k said...

"Heh, you say this like it's a regular everyday occurence."

Not every day, but not infrequently.