Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Thoughts for today

1. I am very relaxed today. Also, I am wearing pants today for the first time in ages. I wonder if this is a coincidence, or if I'm just generally more relaxed when I don't have to worry about how I arrange my legs. Don't get me wrong, I love wearing skirts, but sometimes it is nice to be able to crack my hips without first looking around to make sure no one will see, or sit in lotus position on my desk chair when I need a change of pace.

2. I think in translation school they shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the use of illustrations in terminology. I often find it's much easier to understand a concept if I can see a picture of it, and then once I fully understand it I can find the most effective wording at my leisure. I also think someone should design a terminology database program that allows the user to upload graphics.

3. Dear Edda from 9 Chickweed Lane,

You know full well that that Burkhardt is a total cad. For that reason alone, he doesn't deserve your services as an accompanist. He deserves to be stranded without an accompanist! If you really miss playing the piano, you can play it by yourself for yourself, or offer your services to other dance classes, or even accompany Amos. Remember Amos? The adorable geeky cellist whom you said you'd love forever? Perhaps making music together would be a good way to work off some of that unresolved sexual tension...

4. Most workplaces have policies and measures in place to protect employees from sexual harassment by co-workers and superiors. I think there also need to be policies to protect people from sexual harassment by customers.

5. The problem with babies is sometimes they feel the need to joyously shriek "AAAAH BAA BAA BAAAA!!!!" in the middle of a place that is usually quiet, and there's not much their parents can do about it.

No comments: