Saturday, July 16, 2005

Chapter 3: Will and Won't

Excellent chapter title!  Fandom as a whole anticipated almost everything in this chapter (right down to the way Dumbledore made the Dursleys sit down on the couch), although JKR carried it off in a much cooler manner.  The parallelism of Dumbledore's arrival now and Dumbledore's arrival in the first book, combined with his sheer coolness, makes me think he won't survive this book :(  But since two people we have met have already died, I still maintain he doesn't strictly HAVE to die, right?  right? right?
 
Unless it has been mentioned in passing before and I missed it, I think the fact that Harry repaired the clock is going to come up again, since it seems a very random thing to mention.
 
I also think Miss Manners would disapprove of drinking glasses that attack you if you don't take a drink.

No comments: