Saturday, July 16, 2005

Chapter 5: An Excess of Phlegm

Well, at least Mrs. Weasley agrees with me that Fleur and Bill are rushing things, and her kids agree with fandom that Tonks would make a good addition to the family.  Quite a few interesting characterisation twists here!  I noticed that Harry's marks were a bit better than fandom generally guessed.  Also ANOTHER clock - the Weasley clock, which we already know about.  Interesting way to make it irrelevant though.  And I love love LOVE how JKR broke the tension of Harry telling R&H about the prophesy (which my edition of the book spells prophecy - I had no idea it could be spelled like that!  That's what I get for ordering the US version of OOTP, although I didn't know the versions were different at the time and buying it from amazon.com pushed a bit of money mi cielito's way.  One thing I wondered in rereading though - in the US version of OOTP, Neville mangles "Sorcerer's Stone" to "Sorcerous Stone".  What did they do in the UK version?  "Phosphorous Stone?"

No comments: