Saturday, July 16, 2005

Chapter 2: Spinner's End

JKR wins again!  Snape fans must love this chapter! I don't think anyone guessed that Spinner's End was Snape's house, although I think some people guessed that the house on the deluxe cover was Spinner's End, and no one would ever have guessed what the two hands were!  I see JKR is departing from her usual Harry POV.  I don't know how I feel about that. 
 
What I really love about this chapter is it sets up the idea that Snape could be on either side.  I forgot to blog it or mention it on SQ, but I noticed in OOTP that some people seem to be trusting Snape too much, because of all the times when they thought he was going to kill Harry and he didn't.  The huge emphasis on how Snape could be trusted made me think that perhaps he can't.
 
And, for the record, I am going to guess that Draco's mission is to kill Harry, the Unbreakable Vow will result in Snape having to try to kill Harry, and he won't succeed and will die in the process because of the prophesy.

No comments: