Saturday, July 16, 2005

Chapter 19: Elf tails

Don't worry, Ron's not dead, just temporarily poisoned. 
 
I now think that Malfoy's mission is to take out Slughorn.  Except that wouldn't explain the two girls UNLESS he was trying to get them to poison Harry through Imperius!
 
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Kreacher is there for a reason!  I thought there might be a purpose, but forgot to blog that.  EXCELLENT JKR!  And very resourceful use of house-elves Harry!
 
I feel sorry for Lavender Brown though.  Poor girl, she doesn't deserve to be used like that :(  I do enjoy that the adolescent attempts at romance are awkward because that is so realistic, but they do have feelings too :(
 
We're more than 2/3 of the way through, and Katie Bell is still out.  Perhaps she is the death?  Actually, there could be plural deaths, now that I think about it.  We've already had several peripheral deaths (all women, did you notice?)  I was just basing my assumption that there is A Big Death on Jim Dale's statement "I know who dies."  But "who" can quite easily be plural!  And Mrs. Weasley's joy at the fact that Harry has saved three Weasleys lives is rather ominous, especially considering the way the Burrow was described just as he Flooed away from it...almost as if it would be the last time he saw it...

No comments: