Friday, May 15, 2009

Things They Should Invent: short-term allergy medications

Most allergy medications are made for people with hay fever, so they last like 12 or 24 hours.

I don't have hay fever. However, I am allergic to cats, so I need to take allergy meds whenever I visit a cat's house.

The problem is that allergy meds sometimes increase my eye pressure, which is rather unpleasant. And it's rather unpleasant to have this side-effect for 12 hours when I'm only ever in a cat's house for a couple of hours.

Why aren't there any four-hour allergy meds?

3 comments:

نوفل said...

can you read my poem in my blog
it in arabic
http://nofl14.blogspot.com

laura k said...

Allergy meds used to be 4 hours, and most people had to continually take them all day long. The 12-hr and 24-hr meds were considered such an improvement, I guess they pushed the other stuff off the market.

Have you tried Aerius? It is very low on side effects.

impudent strumpet said...

@Arabic person: Sorry, I can't read a word of Arabic, not even well enough to address you by name

@L-girl: Thanks, I'll try it next time I need to buy new meds.