Tuesday, May 12, 2009

And I'm back

I've been wearing high-heeled black ankle boots as my staple non-summer shoe since I was 15. A couple of weeks ago, my boots broke - the sole cracked and the heel was about to snap off. Unfortunately, spring shoes had just entered stores, and it was particularly difficult to find boots even though we had at least a month of boot weather left. So I was feeling frumpy in running shoes or mary janes while I tried to find a new pair.

Yesterday, I got a new pair. Today I wore them for the first time. It was like coming home again. They're awesome and comfy and chunky and make me tall. I feel kick-ass like Eve Dallas in them, even though Eve Dallas would never wear heels for everyday.

It's amazing how much better you feel when you're wearing your first choice of footwear.

No comments: