Monday, September 22, 2008

Things I learned today

1. It is, in fact, possible for a black dress that looks perfectly innocuous on the rack to make me look fatter than I do naked. No, it wasn't the bad empire waist phenomenon, but I can't tell what specific aspects of its design created this effect.

2. Two Always Ultra Thin Long with Wings and three O.B. Mighty Small are nowhere near sufficient to absorb 500 mL of water spilled in your purse.

3. The face I make when I unexpectedly encounter an impossibly adorable puppy causes my earbuds to fall out.

4. Those teenage boys who walk along the sidewalk taking up the whole sidewalk so people have to step onto the road will move aside for me if I look them in the eye with a look of "Yeah right, you have GOT to be kidding me."

3 comments:

laura k said...

You had a big learning day on Monday. I have a lot to catch up on!

Re #4, I also learned this when I was in my 20s. I also learned it applies to assistants on film shoots that are blocking access to the building where you work, vendors trying to over-charge me because they think I am a tourist, and a few other assorted situations. Great stuff, that look.

impudent strumpet said...

assistants on film shoots that are blocking access to the building where you work

That is so New York!

laura k said...

I used to work in Rockefeller Center!

The over-charging vendors are very NYC, too. A fat pretzel for $2? I don't think so!