Thursday, September 04, 2008

Do people actually use Facebook as a substitute for the Internet as a whole?

Mentioned in passing in a text I'm translating (yes, right now, blah) is the idea that Kids Today don't use websites, instead if they're looking for something they look for it on Facebook.

Is that true? If you're looking for a person, I can totally see going to Facebook first. But do people actually head for Facebook first instead of Google when looking for information about an organization or a topic?

2 comments:

laura k said...

It's hard to believe. It would be like a return to the prehistoric days when people used AOL pages only.

impudent strumpet said...

I don't know if it's true, the person I was translating just thought it was. I hope it isn't (or at least I hope people don't stop making regular websites and go only to facebook presence) because that would seriously mess up my m4d l33t research sk1llz