Thursday, September 25, 2008

Open Letter to the three ladies speaking sign language on the TTC southbound at Lawrence around 6:20 p.m.

Mesdames,

I did see you all there signing at each other (don't worry, I wasn't eavesdropping - I don't understand it well enough), I did hear the announcement on the speaker, I did realize you probably couldn't hear the announcement and would probably need someone to explain it to you, and I was going to go and try to help even though all I have is finger-spelling. But I got swept up in the tide of people leaving the subway, and by the time I was able to stop I couldn't see you anywhere. I'm sorry for not helping you and I really hope you all got where you were going all right.

Sincerely,

The girl who kept foolishly gawking at your sign language like she's never seen sign language before.

No comments: