Tuesday, September 09, 2008

How my mind works

The CERN Collider switch-on is at like 3:30 am, when, hopefully, I'll be asleep. Wild internet rumours are saying that this thing is going to create a black hole and suck in the entire earth, ending life as we know it.

Logically I know that's not true, it doesn't work that way. And yet I felt the need to take some precaution just in case.

So I will be wearing a bra to sleep.

That way, if the world ends, I'll be comfortably supported and won't have to, I don't know, hitch-hike on a Vogon spaceship with my arms crossed tightly under my chest.

I know the Collider isn't going to cause a black hole. And I know if it does, I'm not going to survive long enough to care if I'm wearing adequate foundational garments. But I'm not going to be able to fall asleep tonight unless I'm wearing a bra.

3 comments:

NickLuft said...

Hi Imp,

Thanks for making me laugh.

I am sure Douglas Adams would have appreciated the banalitz of your comment in the face of almost certain sci fi durble.

Nick Luft

NickLuft said...

Hi,

Sorry about the misspelling of "banality". My defence is that I am using a UK keyboard and have still not converted from the Suisse kezboard.

Nick

impudent strumpet said...

Oh, kezboards, BTDT! My inaugural attempt I kept somehow closing the window I was working in every time I tried to backspace, so my emails went out with Y and Z switched and umlauts instead of apostrophes.

I like how the typos they produce make everything look German though, in a kind of looks-German-if-you-don't-actually-speak-German way.